10 February 2008

my cup runneth over


in my own humble opinion, no show has ever been so inspiring and moving as extreme makeover home edition. every sunday night i watch it and just sit on my couch and cry. i watched the episode tonight about a marine who almost died over in iraq. he lost a leg, almost bled to death but he was saved by his men so that he could continue to be a father to his four children. when he got home, his wife randomly divorced him after 9 years of marriage, leaving him to raise four children alone. i have never seen such a humble man. i literally sat on my couch and balled my eyes out. anyway, if you don't watch it, you should. actually, you need to. in fact, i dare you. you will be inspired to do something with your life. thank you ty pennington. i am overwhelmed at how many incredible, good-hearted, beautiful people there are in this world. the volunteers on this show are amazing. optimism is contagious. i have a new goal to run with that.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Trev and I just got done watching it as well. Ditto to the tears. My aunt was actually the city official in charge of the project, as it was in my hometown. She said it was INCREDIBLE being there.

Andrea said...

Trev and I just got done watching it as well. Ditto to the tears. My aunt was actually the city official in charge of the project, as it was in my hometown. She said it was INCREDIBLE being there.

Michelle said...

I also watched it...and was also bawling my eyes out. It was so touching...I totally lost it when the marine that helped save him just went up and gave him a big hug. I have a good friend who is a marine and is over in Iraq..and it is just so overwhelming to think about. Great blog!

Alis said...

I've been reading your blog for a little while now and decided to (finally!) leave a comment!

I can't watch that show without Kleenex by my side...but I love it!

Happy blogging:)

Kacie and Cody said...

Hey Jenna-

I just went to Liz's blog and I was going to get to your blog through her's and I accidentally left her a comment on her blog that was meant for you. Woops! Anyways, I am so glad you found my blog and I really want to get together with you guys! We miss you! Hawaii days were da BOMB!

cait said...

oh my gosh, i was just telling my family about that episode...it was the best one i've ever seen. that show is the only time i ever see my husband cry!