20 June 2007

Soul-Food


For some reason I can't sleep tonight. Blogs are all about your own thoughts and opinions, right? So I feel like writing---its 2 a.m. and it's basically been one of those days where not much has gone my way. I wanted to freak out---my wallet was left in the car which was taken by Jake to work...that ultimately cancelled my dinner plans (I was actually planning on practicing a new recipe tonight, but instead it was the usual salmon, rice and vegetables-- poor Jake) because I wasn't able to get to the grocery store. No money--couldn't write a check because my license was in the car. OH good times. Little things like that have been happening lately and I've just kind of decided to get over it. My poor sister Rachel had to deal with me on the phone and at the end of our conversation she said, "Ok well I'm going to go because I don't want to get in a bad mood." Immediately I realized how much of an effect people have on other people. Huge wake-up call. It's hard sometimes being here only because selling really does kind of take over your life. Jake calls it "selling your soul to the devil for four months." He makes me laugh. It's just funny because we literally eat, breathe and sleep Platinum Protection. It's good though because it's helped me to realize that life isn't about money, or great clothes and shoes...I mean I can't take all that to heaven with me can I? Let's hope I make it there. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the most important things in my life are the gospel, my husband, my family, Jake's family, and good solid friends. Those are the kind of things you can take to heaven---and I'm completely satisfied with that. So yes, we have to make a living, we have to sacrifice things here and there....little wants that don't mean much...but in the end, none of that matters. As Jake loves to say...since I very first met him, "Live life, taste death." I don't know about the tasting death part, but I'm really excited to live life.

1 comment:

The Young Family Inc. said...

Well put Jenna- I love your little insight on life. I am sorry it has been so tough. Hopefully it will make you appreciate the easier times more. Hang in there kiddo, LOVE you!