26 June 2007

R.I.P Jeeper


You won't believe this. Our car has been stolen. Yep! It's ok, you can laugh--- I did. Who's car gets stolen? Let's be honest here. Apparently the D.C. area is the #1 car theft capitol of the world, according to Officer Barnes. Who knew? Anyway my sister came pounding on my door (I was vacuuming, so I didn't hear my phone ringing over and over) and tells me that Jake had been trying to call me because our Jeep had been stolen. I seriously started laughing. And then I started crying. And then I laughed again. Just last night, Jake and I were laying in bed and he said these words: "Ya know, we're lucky because nothing really bad has happened to us since we got married." Real great. Lo and behold! So when I finally got a hold of Jake, he made me laugh so hard because he said that when he walked back out on the street of the ghetto neighborhood he was selling in, the first thing he thought was: "Oh my gosh. The jeep is gone. Those basses stole my lunch!" HA! Anyway, just thought this might help us all to count our little blessings here and there--be thankful you have cars. We're working on getting ours back somehow, even though I'm basically positive little jeeper is sitting someone getting stripped of all its worth. Oh, and don't worry. Hidden in the jeep was only 2 ipods, 1 GPS system and about $600 worth of CD's. You gotta love that. Oh life.

4 comments:

Ani said...

Let me be the first blogger to comment on this horrible theft. Who steals the Jeeper?! I hope you find Jeeper and the theif and Jake shows him who is boss. I hope the lunch, ipods, and CDs are still there. HA! Who am I kidding! I am sorry in all seriousness!

Anonymous said...

haha oh my gosh Jenna...that is quite a hilarous (but sad) story! I am so sorry! :D At first when I read that I forgot you were in D.C. and I thought you were still in Provo...I was like "their jeep got stolen in Provo?!?!?!" then I realized NOTHING like that could ever happen there! haha...what an adventure...you have always been so good at just taking things with stride. Its true count your many blessings right! Hopefully next time Jake will remember to just pack hi lunch in his pockets! :D hehe...or just eat a huge breakfast! :D

Canadian Princess said...

I always look forward to reading your new entries Jenna...although I of course felt bad about you guys losing your jeep and everything else inside it. You've got the right attitude though!!! I did enjoy the addition of the wedding slideshow...Again you guys look great and so happy! I also liked the music addition... I'll look forward to your next entry and hope it's filled with all good news;)

The Young Family Inc. said...

What a sad day. Seems like you should just get a boat in the mean time... you can keep it here.
P.S. Don't forget the sound system