19 December 2007

it's a christmas miracle!!

ok this is not a joke. i've asked jake a few times for a christmas tree, but after a few conversations, we decided that since we won't even be here for christmas and we're moving soon (i'll post on that soon), we should probably just simplify our lives and forget the tree this year. i was sort of depressed about it because i seriously love REAL christmas trees. it just reminds me of my mom and dad, family, LOVE, joy, happiness and not to mention i'm obsessed with the smell of pine trees. i've had a little prayer in my heart that somehow we'd be able to have tree for our first christmas together. it's kind of important to me. i came home from running some errands yesterday and there was a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l little christmas tree sitting outside of my apartment! while i was running errands, my INCREDIBLE husband went into the woods with rob's ax and chopped down a tree for us. it was nothing short of a miracle for me. so of course i ran to walmart and got some last minute decorations and here we are. i love this tree. it's perfect.


5 comments:

The Young Family Inc. said...

It is PERFECT! What a Jacob thing to do... Jake, this isn't the old west! Jenna, it was probably in someone's back yard! He used to do that in Heritage Hills. My mom would get so mad and tell him to go to the park to chop things. Then she'd get a bunch of phone calls from the neighborhood moms telling her off for letting a six-year-old run around with machetes. Times haven’t really changed…
I especially love the Mexican tree skirt. You guys are so cultured. Can’t wait to see you guys!!!!

Chad Carly and Baby Cash said...

Jake is such a Brawny man! I love it! I think Chad is jealous and want s an axe for Christmas!

Andi said...

uh, you know, using christmas presents before christmas is SO unlucky. i hope your cute tree doesn't fall down... merry christmas

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

hey i thought you just told me on the phone you were updating your blog...i got all excited for nothing, lamo. just kidding...put up some pics sista! i guess i REALLY have no room to talk though. come home. bye.

Forest Anthony said...

That is not my special friend named Jenna. That is my special friend Jenna's not-so-special friend Jill. Soon enough you'll know some stories.